Changes to our Complaints Process
The requirements for how we handle your complaints have changed so from 5 October 2021, BOQ Group is making changes to our processes to acknowledge and resolve complaints sooner.
If you’re not happy with our service
We want to fix it. At BOQ, we pride ourselves on building long-term customer relationships that are based on mutual respect and understanding. If we don’t meet your expectations, we want to hear from you so we can identify what went wrong and how we can fix it.
What happens when you make a complaint
Our promise: If you make a complaint, we’ll:
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Listen to ensure we understand your concerns
- Consider your complaint fairly and objectively
- Apologise if we’ve done something wrong
- Resolve your complaint as quickly as possible
- Treat you with respect, sensitivity and compassion
The requirements for how we handle your complaints have changed so from 5 October 2021, we’re changing the way we handle complaints. We’re committing to:
- Acknowledging your complaint sooner. If you make a complaint in person or over the phone, we’ll acknowledge your complaint and try to resolve it immediately. If we receive your complaint in writing, we’ll acknowledge it within one business day (previously 48 hours) of receiving it.
- Resolving your complaint faster. If your complaint is about financial hardship or a default notice, we’ll try to resolve it within 21 days. We’ll aim to resolve all other complaints within 30 days (previously 45 days).
- Changes to our Customer Advocate service. In line with the latest Australian Banking Association Customer Advocate Guiding Principles, we are refocusing this team to be our advocate for continuous improvement in a customer-centric culture. This team will no longer be a direct point of contact for customers wanting to escalate a complaint. External escalation can still be made to the free and independent Australian Financial Complaints Authority.
- Complaint contact methods. We’re updating all the information on how you can contact us or Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
These improvements will help us fix things when they don’t go to plan, and do better for you and all of our customers in the future.
Impacted terms and conditions
|Specific changes to your Terms and Conditions effective 5 October 2021||Relevant Terms and Conditions|
|Complaint contact methods||Lease Agreement Terms and Conditions- BOQ Credit Pty Limited|
We provide a range of services to ensure the complaint process is accessible to everyone. Please let us know if you need any assistance during the complaint process.